"Happiness is like a butterfly. The more you chase it, the more it eludes you. But if you turn your attention to other things, It comes and sits softly on your shoulder."
~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, August 28, 2011

MIA

WOW...it's pretty bad when you log in and you almost can't remember your password, but once you are logged in you notice that it's been 5 weeks since your last post. What has been going on in my life that I haven't had a chance to blog? ...honestly, home upgrades.

For anyone who has tackled home repairs and/or upgrades, you know how time consuming and tiring it can be. We have stained our porch, two coats of stain later and it is exactly what we wanted. We bought new furniture and it was delivered a little over a week ago, but that meant preparations of moving all the old stuff out and shampooing the carpet in the living room (not fun). In addition to the new furniture, I also installed curtain rods and new curtains. It was a task, but it really opens the room up and makes the ceiling appear higher. The last addition was a multicolored area rug to tie all the furniture and curtains together.

I am happy with the end result. This house is definitely becoming more our style. The only thing left to do in the living room is get the gas fireplace installed. Our goal for this project is to have it done by winter.

Is anyone else as excited about fall as I am? I absolutely love Fall in Virginia. We get those cool crisp mornings and evenings. I can't wait to wear sweaters, jeans, boots, and scarves. Some of my favorite foods are also enjoyed most in the fall chili and taco soup. Yum yum! Bring it on. I guess that's what makes Virginia an awesome state. We get the best of all seasons and usually by the end of one, I am ready for the next. But Fall is definitely my fav.

I hope everyone has a great week...I will do my best to not let 5 weeks go by without blogging! :) It is also a goal to get more pictures posted. Bear with me please.

No comments:

Post a Comment